- Christmas Trivia
- Color Your Own Gift Tags
- Christmas Games
- Christmas Carols
- Christmas Poems
- Christmas Traditions
- Christmas Radio Stations
- Christmas Recipes
- Ornament Uses
Getting the family together for the holidays is not just about food, drinks and music anymore. People want to be entertained at a party. We have pulled together some FREE CHRISTMAS GAMES for you and your family to enjoy as you knock back the eggnog! CHRISTMAS PARTY GAMES are good for smaller groups as well as larger ones, and will add to the joy and fun of getting together, making your gathering memorable this holiday season. Some of these games are good for gift or ornament exchanges.
- This is a wonderful game for a gift exchange party in which the gifts could be for any guest, such as a grab bag. It gets everyone involved.
- Count the number of guests that will be attending.
- Cut strips of paper. One for each guest.
- Choose popular Christmas carols that everyone knows and take one line from one of these and write it on one strip of paper. On the next strip of paper write the name of the carol. For instance: One piece of paper has “With a corncob pipe and a button nose” and on another piece of paper has “Frosty the Snowman”.
- Throw all pieces of paper into a Santa hat.
- As each guest arrives, they pull out a piece of paper from the hat and tape it on their gift.
- When it comes time for the gift exchange, each guest holds the gift that they brought.
- Going around in a circle, those with the lyrics on their package call out their lyric. Everyone guesses the song that it belongs to, and whoever has the song title on their package does the exchange with the lyric, until all are finished.
- If you are playing with adults, choose more obscure lyrics to encourage discussion and make it more difficult.
- Choose easy songs for children.
- If you have an odd number of people, use two lyrics from the same song and have the three people exchange gifts.
- It is always a good idea to have a few extra songs and lyrics just in case of unexpected guests. Keep those on the side and do not put them in the hat unless needed. Otherwise there will be a lyric without a match!
- For some lyric and song ideas, click our link to CHRISTMAS CAROLS.