- Christmas Trivia
- Color Your Own Gift Tags
- Christmas Games
- Christmas Carols
- Christmas Poems
- Christmas Traditions
- Christmas Radio Stations
- Christmas Recipes
- Ornament Uses
Christmas Trivia, Fun and Games
The three months at the end of the calendar year represent most retailers’ best hope for a successful year. Many do as much business then as in the preceding nine months. And that business revolves around the celebration of the birth of a Child more than two thousand years ago. So, in the spirit of the season, let’s take a brief look at interesting tidbits, back stories and other oddities that have developed during those years.
Trivia, Fun & Games:
Christmas Games, Christmas Trivia you can play games with, Christmas Recipes and other interesting stuff about The Celebration
- Let’s start out with an easy trivia question:
- Q. Why is folk singer Burl Ives (1909-1995) so popular every Christmas?
- A. He’s the voice of Sam the Snowman in the popular television program Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer – and he sings “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas.”
- That was good. Now here’s another:
- Q. Where does the comma go in the Carol “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen”?
- A. After “Merry”. And the “Gentlemen” should not be rendered gender neutral as many try to do, since the original Gentlemen to whom God should grant rest were those weary Shepherds, watching their flocks by night some two thousand years ago.
- You’ve done well so far. Now you have a choice – you can select a specific item that looks interesting to you from the list on the left.